SURF REPORT  •  PHOTOS  •  VIDEOS  •  FORUM  •  E-MAIL US
DELSURF.COM FORUM
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

quiver pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oipaul
Gerry Lopez Status

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: quiver pics Reply with quote

Sloow surf year so decided to document the sticks:
Very Happy
The big left to right; 7'0", 7'0", 6'10", 6'8", 6'6", all eps/epoxy except WorldCore funboard

The small, left to right and top; 6'0", 6'2", 6'2", 6'4", 6'2", all eps/ey

Mitchell
Gerry Lopez Status

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play!

I guess there are about a dozen boards here but i mostly ride about 5 of them.

Second from left in the middle row is a 5'4" x 21" x 2 3/8" Chemistry Experimental Poly. This board was a custom (basically i just wanted it wider than stock 5'4") Jason Bennett, their shaper was great to work with. I cant begin to describe how fun it is in small soft waves. Its full of pressure dings after one year.

The fourth from left middle row is my attempt to copy the Chemistry, lengthen it out to a 5'8" and thicken it up so i can ride it in winter rubber. I love it, but its way more of a cruisey mini simmons feel than the Chem. Its EPS.

The MR is a $250 Craigslist score. I always wanted one of his boards. Its obviously a factory made board that the MAN never laid a hand on, but its got the bump wings, and the logo, and it rides good in big waves. Its a 6'4"

The 6'2" green rail Ashton Bat Tail quad is the best board of the bunch. Just feels magic under my feet in good waves. I have no idea what's so special about it, except the rails and tail are a bit knifey for a fishy shape...i feel like it bites into the wave well, come around smoothly and speeds down the line when pumped a bit. Maybe that's all a "magic" board is...it feels a bit better than other boards, and inspires you to surf a bit better.

oipaul
Gerry Lopez Status

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had a lot of boards, now I don't feel bad at all... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    delsurf.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: